PREPARATION FOR THE POSTPARTUM PERIOD
One to two months before your expected due date, I will visit you at home to prepare for your postpartum care. We will get to know one another, discuss your pregnancy and medical history, and talk about what to expect after childbirth. This is the perfect opportunity to share your personal questions and concerns about the postpartum period.
Leaving the hospital and settling in at home is a new experience for every parent. The postpartum period is a time for rest and recovery, as well as getting to know your baby and growing together as a family. I would be happy to be by your side to give you support and encouragement during this important transition.
Postpartum checkups focus on the health and wellbeing of the mother and baby, as well as the role of the father.
- Feeding a newborn and breastfeeding advice (if needed, I rent breast pumps)
- Newborn care
- Bodywork and recovery
- Wound healing
- Support in your new family dynamic
- Babywearing advice, if desired
The basic health insurance covers the following costs:
- Within the first 56 days after childbirth: 16 visits for your first child and/or after a caesarean section, 10 visits for your following children
- 3 breastfeeding consultations
- The standby fee is not covered by the basic health insurance.
If I am unavailable due to personal holidays, I will provide you with a replacement midwife.
I provide gynecological checkups, as well as personalized support during your pregnancy. Prenatal checkups are covered by the basic health insurance.
A birth preparation course is a wonderful time to discuss your personal concerns and questions regarding childbirth. I offer one-on-one classes at your home starting around the 30th week of pregnancy, usually two meetings of about two hours each.