Childbirth is an intense event in many ways, both physically and mentally. You will need to use your strength and determination to actively engage your body and mind. In preparation for the birth, I will accompany you and your partner or companion so that you can approach this life-changing moment with confidence in your own abilities.
Individual birth preparation in your home is the ideal setting to address your personal concerns and questions. My experience is that two 2-hour meetings are most helpful, beginning in the 30th week of pregnancy.
BIRTH PREPARATION TOPICS ARE:
- What childbirth is like, the different phases of birth
- Medicated pain relief and non-medicated options
- The role of the partner
- Emergency interventions, i.e. caesarean
- The needs of a newborn
The basic health insurance covers the following costs:
- The health insurance company pays a lump sum of 150.– towards the cost of birth preparation courses (100.– per hour)
- Depending on your supplementary insurance, additional costs may be covered.